Difference between revisions of "Freegle Board"
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
The Board aims to meet monthly, discussion via Skype messaging. The timetable for meetings
The Board aims to meet monthly, discussion via Skype messaging. The timetable for meetings can be found [[:category:Freegle Board Minutes]] The 'mechanics' of Board Meetings are detailed in [[Board Meeting Procedure]].
Revision as of 14:22, 29 September 2020
Freegle Board of Directors
In order of last name, the current people elected to the Freegle Board are:
Christian Brenninkmeijer - elected August 2015, re-elected November 2016 and October 2018
Jo Fisher - co-opted by Board in 2016, then elected in October 2017 and November 2019
Cat Fletcher - elected February 2014 and August 2015, re-elected October 2017
Edward Hibbert - elected February 2014 and August 2015, re-elected November 2016 and October 2018
Andy Ludlow - elected August 2015, re-elected October 2017 and November 2019
Deborah Moss - elected October 2017
Ray Owen - elected October 2018
Dr David Greenfield - appointed November 2016, re-appointed 2017, 2018 and elected November 2019
(See Board Elections for links on the most recent election)
Directors are also Trustees of Freegle Ltd. http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/trustees-staff-and-volunteers/trustee-role/becoming-a-trustee/ explains what is involved in being a Trustee.
Board and Member activities are subject to the adopted Rules of Freegle.
The Board Role and Remit details the responsibilities of Directors.
Officers and Roles
The Board elects Directors to the following Director roles. The current appointments are:
- Board Chairman - Edward, email chair@ilovefreegle
- Company Secretary - Andy, email secretary@ilovefreegle]
- Finance Director - vacant, email finance@ilovfreegle
- Chief Technology Officer - Edward
- Head of Media - Cat, email media@ilovefreegle
- Head of Volunteers - vacant - volunteers@ilovefreegle
- Health and Safety Officer - vacant
The Board appoints Board Observers to act as liaison between the various groups and teams that operate within Freegle. They follow Board Observer Guidelines.
The Board also appoints
- Board Secretary - this can be an external appointment to the Board. Jo Fisher is currently appointed to this role.
- Treasurer - this role is currently being carried out by Jane Loveday; it can be an external appointment to the Board.
From the Rules:
56. At the first annual general meeting all elected Directors shall stand down. At every subsequent annual general meeting one-third of the elected Directors, or if their number is not a multiple of three then the number nearest to one-third, shall retire from office. The Directors to retire shall be the Directors who have been longest in office since their last election. Where Directors have held office for the same amount of time the Directors to retire shall be decided by lot. A retiring Director shall be eligible for re- election.
A Director may leave midterm under the Directors Ending Term of Office Procedure.
The Board discussion group is at 
The Board aims to meet monthly, discussion via Skype messaging. The timetable for meetings and minutes can be found from category:Freegle Board Minutes The 'mechanics' of Board Meetings are detailed in Board Meeting Procedure.
Our Board can be contacted via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org