Head of Volunteers
From Freegle WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This role is an appointed Director role.
Ensure that Freegle benefits from the work of volunteers, and respects their interests and needs.
This remit is included but not limited to ensuring that:
- Volunteers feel valued and that Freegle is "their" organisation.
- Volunteer interests are always considered in relevant Board discussions.
- Freegle understands why people volunteer, what they expect from volunteering with Freegle, and what support they need in order to volunteer effectively.
- Freegle uses volunteers effectively to advance its aims.
- Tasks or areas which are beyond what can reasonably be expected of volunteers (and are therefore risks for Freegle if existing volunteers cannot continue in that role) are flagged up to the Board