Finance Role Remits
This document was adopted by the Board at their meeting of 27th August 2014.
1. The Treasurer will be appointed by the Board.
2 The Treasurer will remain in post until there is another person appointed to the role.
3. Directors have a responsibility to appoint a Treasurer as soon as possible once there is an impending or actual vacancy.
5. This role is subject to the Named Role Holder Ending Term of Office Procedure.
To oversee all financial aspects of company strategy and responsible for the flow of financial information to the Board and, where necessary, external parties such as investors or financial institutions. The Finance Director will be appointed by the Board.
- 1. Overall control of Freegle Ltd’s accounting function.
- 2. Financial planning and related ongoing advice for the Board.
- 3. Providing periodic reports to the Board on the financial plan, including forecasts and variances.
- 4. Formulating financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the Board.
- 5. Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems.
- 6. Corporate finance: managing Freegle Ltd policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- 7. Preparing annual accounts
- 8. Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all Freegle Ltd’s financial affairs
Finance Sub Committee
Subcommittee with delegated authority from the Board - Finance Sub Committee Remit.
The Rules#Audit details the requirement for an Auditor.
Contact email address for the Treasurer: Treasurer@ilovefreegle.org(the Financial Director will also have access to this mailbox)
Contact email address for the Finance Director: Finance@ilovefreegle.org (the Chair of the Board will have access to this mailbox)
- See Finance Documents Review for the record of reviews and amendments of this document.
- Finance Policy
- Finance Procedures
- Document Approval Policy
- Financial Information
- Previous Freegle UK document Financial Management and Controls
- Link to Financial Conduct Authority website. The FCA is the body to which IPSs are accountable