Freegle Board of Directors
In order of last name, the current people elected to the Freegle Board are:
Cat Fletcher - elected February 2014, re-elected August 2015, October 2017 and November 2020
Dr David Greenfield - appointed November 2016, re-appointed 2017, 2018 and elected November 2019
Edward Hibbert - elected February 2014 and re-elected August 2015, November 2016 and October 2018
Craig Hilton - elected November 2020
Andy Ludlow - elected August 2015, re-elected October 2017 and November 2019
Deborah Moss - elected October 2017, re-elected November 2020
Jen Williams - elected October 2021
Ruth Willmore - elected November 2020
One vacancy for an elected Director
Directors are also Trustees of Freegle Ltd. http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/trustees-staff-and-volunteers/trustee-role/becoming-a-trustee/ explains what is involved in being a Trustee.
Board and Member activities are subject to the adopted Rules of Freegle.
The Board Role and Remit details the responsibilities of Directors.
Officers and Roles
The Board elects Directors to the following Director roles. The current appointments are:
- Board Chairman - Edward, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Secretary - Andy, email email@example.com
- Finance Director - Craig, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Technology Officer - Edward
- Head of Media - Cat, email email@example.com
- Head of Volunteers - vacant - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health and Safety Officer - vacant
The Board also appoints
- Board Secretary - this can be an external appointment to the Board. Craig Hilton is currently appointed to this role.
- Treasurer - this role is currently being carried out by Jane Loveday; it can be an external appointment to the Board.
From the Rules:
56. At the first annual general meeting all elected Directors shall stand down. At every subsequent annual general meeting one-third of the elected Directors, or if their number is not a multiple of three then the number nearest to one-third, shall retire from office. The Directors to retire shall be the Directors who have been longest in office since their last election. Where Directors have held office for the same amount of time the Directors to retire shall be decided by lot. A retiring Director shall be eligible for re- election.
A Director may leave midterm under the Directors Ending Term of Office Procedure.
The Board discussion group is at 
The Board aims to meet monthly, discussion via online conferencing software such as Skype or Zoom. The timetable for meetings and minutes can be found from category:Freegle Board Minutes The 'mechanics' of Board Meetings are detailed in Board Meeting Procedure.
Our Board can be contacted via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org