Freegle Board of Directors
In order of last name, the current people elected to the Freegle Board are:
Cat Fletcher - elected February 2014, re-elected August 2015, October 2017 and November 2020
Dr David Greenfield - appointed November 2016, re-appointed 2017 and 2018, elected November 2019 and September 2022
Edward Hibbert - elected February 2014 and re-elected August 2015, November 2016, October 2018 and October 2021
Craig Hilton - elected November 2020
Mike Jury - elected September 2022
Mike Paterson - co-opted by the Board January 2022, elected September 2022
Penny Townsend - elected September 2022
Jen Williams - elected October 2021
Ruth Willmore - elected November 2020
Directors are also Trustees of Freegle Ltd. http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/trustees-staff-and-volunteers/trustee-role/becoming-a-trustee/ explains what is involved in being a Trustee.
Board and Member activities are subject to the adopted Rules of Freegle.
The Board Role and Remit details the responsibilities of Directors.
Officers and Roles
The Board elects Directors to the following Director roles. The current appointments are:
- Board Chairman - Edward, email email@example.com
- Company Secretary - vacant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Director - Craig, email email@example.com
- Chief Technology Officer - Edward
- Head of Media - Cat, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising - vacant
The Board also appoints
- Board Secretary - this can be an external appointment to the Board. Craig Hilton is currently appointed to this role.
- Treasurer - this role is currently being carried out by Jane Loveday; it can be an external appointment to the Board.
From the Rules:
56. At the first annual general meeting all elected Directors shall stand down. At every subsequent annual general meeting one-third of the elected Directors, or if their number is not a multiple of three then the number nearest to one-third, shall retire from office. The Directors to retire shall be the Directors who have been longest in office since their last election. Where Directors have held office for the same amount of time the Directors to retire shall be decided by lot. A retiring Director shall be eligible for re- election.
A Director may leave midterm under the Directors Ending Term of Office Procedure.
The Board discussion group is at 
The Board aims to meet monthly, discussion via online conferencing software such as Skype or Zoom. The timetable for meetings and minutes can be found from category:Freegle Board Minutes The 'mechanics' of Board Meetings are detailed in Board Meeting Procedure.
Our Board can be contacted via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org