Protocol for Annual General Meeting
From Freegle WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Protocol for holding Freegle Ltd AGM online.
- The meeting will take place on Freegle UK Central.
- The Chair will take the meeting through the agenda and draw each piece of discussion to a conclusion, making sure attendees have the chance to contribute.
- The Returning Officers will conduct a 24 hour poll to assess the quorum at the beginning of the meeting
- Although all volunteers are welcome to 'attend' the meeting, only Members can vote and form the quorum.
- Only items specified on the agenda will be discussed. There is no 'any other business' at the AGM.
- Any polls that are required are to be worded by the proposer in agreement with the Chair. The Chair's decision will be final.
- The Returning Officer will run any required polls (these will be conducted and notified on Central).
- 72 hours will be allowed for polls, with results to be concluded by the end of the AGM period.
- AGM discussions will follow a clear protocol:
- only the Chair will be allowed to start official AGM agenda item discussions,
- any contributions to that discussion will only be considered if they are submitted under the established subject line, and
- the Chair will conclude each discussion item at an appropriate time at his sole discretion.
- Minutes will be taken of the meeting.