Development Group Report 2017 12
Development Group Report : November 2017
Abandoned Group Procedure
This procedure was amended, in consulation with the Mentor Team, to accommodate the dropping of Yahoo:
8. ACTIONS AFTER BOARD AGREEMENT THAT GROUP IS TO BE DISAFFILIATED AND A NEW GROUP FORMED:
A caretaker owner will be appointed and:
The group will be set up with Direct, Facebook & Twitter with Direct as the default landing tab.
The group will be set up on Direct with Facebook and Twitter, and will accept members from Trash Nothing.
Website Help Page
Edward suggested that the Help page on the website should be expanded to include a ‘How Can I Help!’ page. It didn’t generate much discussion (Christmas demands elsewhere, probably), but the page has now been included to read:
Freegle is run by volunteers - so if you can help, please get in touch!
- If you would like to help run one of the local groups, which is a good place to start, please use the Contact button below.
- You can also volunteer nationally. We really need people in these areas:
- Publicity: if you can help locally or nationally, especially with councils, we'd love to hear from you.
- Fundraising: we run on volunteers and donations, and just about get by, but we could do so much more with more.
- Graphics: we need people who can produce striking images, posters, etc.
- User Experience (UX): if you work in this area we could use your help.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or if you'd like to donate to our charity, you can do that here.
The majority of groups have confirmed affiliation this year, those that haven’t are being contacted individually via the info@ mailbox. This is a slow exercise when groups don’t respond to emails sent to them. Please can any group who hasn’t confirmed their affiliation recently please do so directly to email@example.com, and/or please respond to emails sent to them about this.
The review of the Wiki is underway to accommodate the dropping of Yahoo in 2018. Changes can be seen by clicking on Recent Changes in the left hand menu box. If anyone would like to help with this review, please contact Dee or Jacky via firstname.lastname@example.org for the list of pages needing review.
All volunteers are very welcome to join Development Group - http://freegle.in/Development - and participate in discussions and decisions.
Our task list can be found at http://freegle.in/Developmenttasks
Jacky Development Coordinator