How to Filter emails:
As a Freegle Moderator, you are not actually required to provide technical support for your members, except in the very limited sense of holding their hands through the complexities of membership of Freegle Direct, but here are the links to instructions on how to set up mail filters in some common email providers that you can point your members to:
Outlook Express: http://www.newbie.org/reference/email04i.html
If, on the other hand, you are knowledgeable about and experienced in providing remote assistance for a variety of e-mail clients, and you wish to help, then by all means feel free to do so. It is your choice.
Disabling spam filters in Gmail - when forwarding Gmail emails to another email box, anything that has been marked as spam by Gmail will not be forwarded. A way round this (to ensure you get all emails, including those that may have been incorrectly marked as spam) is to disable the spam filters. One way of doing this is:
- Log into your Gmail account in your web browser
- Click 'Options' (the cog icon on the top right of the screen)
- Click 'Settings'
- Click 'Filters'
- Click 'Create a new filter' (at bottom of list)
- In the 'Doesn't have' field, enter "opsjkfokjaw9ptu4398ru39u9u93flkoifjew" (or any other long, random character string you choose)
- Click 'Create filter with this search'
- Tick the box "Never send it to Spam"
- Click "Create Filter"