Directors 2018 Election
The fourth AGM of Freegle Ltd will be held 1st October 2018 to 7th October 2018 inclusive on Freegle UK Central. As detailed in our Rules under Retirement Cycle, three of the current Directors are obliged to stand down. There will be vacancies for four Directors this year.
Details for the Director Role can be found on the following pages
Any additional questions that arise about the Director Role can be addressed to the Returning Officers. Contact them at Returning Officer email address.
Term of Office
The term of office for elected Directors is up to 3 years, but Directors are welcome to stand again immediately when that term finishes.
The Freegle 2018 Election timetable will be as follows:
7th September Director voting process starts - request for nominations.
19th September Last day for nominations. Statements of c.250 words requested.
21st September Last day for receiving Statements from Candidates.
22nd September Q&A Starts
27th September Q&A Ends
1st October Director voting starts if number of candidates exceeds vacancies.
1st October Freegle Ltd 2018 AGM Starts.
6th October Director voting ends if election has been held.
6th October Current Directors stand down from office.
7th October New Directors announced
7th October AGM Ends
Note the following regarding this election timetable.
Voting validation should take no longer than 1 day. Results will be posted as soon as possible.
If there are less or equal number of candidates for vacancies, the Chair will declare them as 'elected unopposed' and they will take their posts as Directors without the need for a poll/election.
Nominations should be made as follows:
- Nominated candidates must be Members of Freegle Ltd (see Rules 53 and 54).
- Nominations may be made via Freegle Central or directly to the Returning Officer email address.
- Nominations may either be made by the candidate (self nominated) or another Freegle Member.
- Nominations should include the individual's full name and email address *If the nominee is a volunteer with a Freegle group, their primary group name should be provided.
- If another individual is being nominated, any relevant group membership should be noted (eg. a member of the National Cooperative's Council).
- Nominations should be seconded by another Member. This can occur on either Freegle Central or directly to the Returning Officer email address.
- All nominations will be confirmed by the Returning Officer to the candidate, seconder and to Freegle Central (regardless of where the nomination was made).