SOFTWARE, DVDs, VIDEOTAPES AND OTHER MEDIA
Software and other forms of media fall under Copyright agreements -this is the score if you're worried.
Software -- The software being exchanged is in breach of copyright if:
- It isn't the original software.
- It is still being used by any previous owner (although i don't know how you would know this as a Freegle moderator).
- It's been used to get an upgrade.
- It doesn't follow the terms in its End User License Agreement (EULA) - If the EULA makes no mention about transfers or exchanges, treat the software like you would any other work protected by copyright (like a book, CD, or video).
In order to be in keeping with copyright agreements, Music, Videos, Books and other copyrighted works should be:
- Originals, not copies
- No longer be used by any previous owner.
As a note about people offering computers and the worry over security of data, it is possible to use the overwrite free space option of CCLEANER (https://www.ccleaner.com). This has the benefit of not having to reinstall anything after it has completed it’s task.
Back to Specific Items