Keep it Local
(This is a sample Admin message you can use to send to your )
We ask that members use their home communities in the first instance to offer and request items.
Using one's home community has personal & collective, community & environmental benefits. It:
- Reduces the 'competition' for items
- Reduces 'no shows'
- Saves money - by reducing the amount of traveling that community members need to do to give and receive items
- Reduces abuse of the system as the community is less anonymous - members get to know each other better which leads to fewer 'bad behaviours'
- No transport? Local communities make Freegle more accessible to everyone
- No van/trailer? Bulky items may even be collectible on foot if they are only a few streets away
- Reduces the number of emails per community - lots of smaller communities means we have more choice in how many posts we receive and from where we receive them.
- Increases good neighbourliness
- Enhances the local community spirit
- Reduces the negative environmental impact - distance travelled is lessened, reducing the carbon foot print
Thank you to all those members who already choose their local Freegle community in the first instance, we appreciate your support.
With many thanks to everyone from the [COMMUNITYNAME] Team.
Back to Admins