Freegle Equality and Diversity Policy
This policy was adopted by the Board at their meeting of 27th August 2014.
Freegle is committed to creating a culture in which diversity and equality of opportunity are promoted and in which unlawful and unfair discrimination is not tolerated.
We are committed to working with regard to equal opportunities, specifically prohibiting any conduct or practice which discriminates or harasses on the grounds of race, gender, age, sexuality, disability, religion, political belief, ethnic origin, marital status or nationality, except where applicable law requires that these be taken into account.
Freegle believes in principles of social justice and acknowledges that discrimination affects people in complex ways. We seek to
- ensure all Members and Volunteers are treated fairly, with dignity and respect, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
- afford all Members and Volunteers equal opportunity to contribute to and benefit from the organisation
- promote an inclusive and supportive environment for volunteers, Members, contractors and community members.
Aims of the Policy
The aims of this policy are to ensure that in carrying out activities, Freegle will have due regard to:
- promoting equality of opportunity across all activities
- promoting good relations between all people
- eliminating unlawful discrimination
Breach of the Policy
Freegle will take seriously any instances of non-adherence to this policy by Members or Volunteers in their work with Freegle. Any contraventions will be investigated and appropriate action taken to address non-compliance. Any volunteer, Member, contractor or community member who believes Freegle has contravened this policy should enact the Complaints Procedure.
All Members and Volunteers share a responsibility to act in accordance with this policy.