Directors 2014 Election Details
In December 2013, Freegle decided in a national vote to approve the conversion of Freegle to an Industrial and Provident Society for Community Benefit (IPS). The steps to do this are outlined in our report, section (10).
One of our next steps is to select a group of 9 people to become its Directors, so we are holding an election.
For ease in this document, it states that we are electing the IPS Directors, but strictly speaking we are in fact selecting them so they can be appointed to the Board of Directors by the current members of the holding company, Freegle Limited.
On 2 January 2014 the Freegle TSW Team published the Freegle IPS Director Role Description on Freegle UK Central. Questions regarding this role description were requested. This role description and the questions that followed can be found at the following addresses.
Any additional questions that arise about the Director Role will be be added to the questions document. Please ask any such questions that you have on Freegle Central or send them to the ReturningOfficer@ilovefreegle.org|Returning Officer email address.
Term of Office
Note that the Freegle IPS Director period of office is starting afresh (so there is no continuation if someone is currently serving as a Freegle Rep). In subsequent years, 1/3 of the IPS Directors will stand down as per the Freegle IPS Rules.
The Freegle IPS Directors 2014 Election timetable will be as follows:
13 January 2014 (Mon) Immediately - Nomination Weeks Begin 27 January 2014 (Tue) End of Day - Nomination Weeks Close (14 1/4 days) 01 February 2014 (Sat) End of Day - Candidate Statements Due (5 days) 03 February 2014 (Mon) Start of Day - Candidate Q&A Week Begins 09 February 2014 (Sun) End of Day - Candidate Q&A Week Closes (7 days) 10 February 2014 (Mon) - RO Final Poll Preparation (1 day) 11 February 2014 (Tue) Start of Day - Voting Begins 20 February 2014 (Thu) End of Day - Voting Closes (10 days) 21 February 2014 (Fri) Start of Day - Voting Validation Begins 24 February 2014 (Mon) End of Day - Voting Validation Closes (4 days)
Note the following regarding this election timetable.
- Start of Day refers to 12:00 AM on that day, (i.e. 00:00 on that day).
- End of Day refers to 12:00 AM on the next day (i.e. 24:00 on that day).
- Voting validation might take less than 4 days. Results will be posted as soon as possible.
- This election timetable can also be viewed on the Freegle Central Events calendar.
Nominations for Freegle IPS Directors will begin immediately. However, the counting of the week required will begin on Tuesday, 14 January so that we have a full two weeks for nominations.
Nominations should be made as follows:
- Nominations may be made via Freegle Central or directly to the ReturningOfficer@ilovefreegle.org|Returning Officer email address. Nominations may either be made by the candidate (self nominated) or another Freegle Volunteer.
- Nominations should include the individual's full name and email address. In the event of the nominee being a volunteer with a Freegle group, their primary group should be provided. In the event of another individual being nominated, any relevant group membership should be noted (i.e. a member of the National Cooperative's Council).
- Nominations should be seconded. This can occur on either Freegle Central or directly to the ReturningOfficer@ilovefreegle.org|Returning Officer email address.
- All nominations will be confirmed by the Returning Officer to the candidate, seconder and to Freegle Central (regardless of where the nomination was sent).