New Director Procedure
This procedure is the responsibility of the Company Secretary or a director designated prior to the election.
Resignation Mid Term
(see Directors_Ending_Term_of_Office_Procedure for full procedures relating to resignation process)
- The Director is to be given a 7 day “cooling off” period before the resignation is accepted by the Board.
- Central is informed when the resignation has been accepted.
- The Returning Officers are emailed for information and in case an election is needed. Although the Board has the power to co-opt new members, an election might throw up new candidates.
Resignation and Retirement
- The Directors are asked to leave the Board discussion Group and any other Director-only groups.
- Access removed to Confidential Details Google document.
- Access removed from Black Box
- Access removed from Membership Register.
- Passwords changed for gmail accounts and any specific passwords relating to a position as official/role holder.
- Officers to change passwords and remove access if applicable.
- Financial Director to inform bank and/or HMRC of change of authorised official/responsible person if appropriate.
- Update Teams section on ModTools, including the bio that appears on ilovefreegle.org/about
- Delete section from Declarations of Interest
- Ask Directors to read:
and email the Company Secretary to confirm that they are eligible.
- Give access to Confidential Details and ask Director/s to provide their details.
- Give access to Board discussion group and Membership Register.
- Financial Director to inform bank and, if appropriate, inform HMRC of change of authorised official/responsible person.
- Update Teams section on ModTools
- Complete Declarations of Interest section
- Update wiki
- Ensure all named Director roles are appointed - Freegle Board#Roles
- Ensure someone is responsible for checking trademark applications.
- Ensure wiki page Freegle_Board and Modtools Teams section is updated.