New Director Procedure
This procedure is the responsibility of the Company Secretary or a director designated prior to the election.
Resignation Mid Term
(see Directors_Ending_Term_of_Office_Procedurefor full procedures relating to resignation process)
- The Director is to be given a 7 day “cooling off” period before the resignation is accepted by the Board.
- Central is informed when the resignation has been accepted.
- The Returning Officers are emailed for information and in case an election is needed.
Resignation and Retirement
- The Directors are asked to leave the Board Yahoo Group and any other Director-only Yahoo or Google Groups.
- Access removed to Confidential Details Google document.
- Access removed from Membership Register.
- Access removed to Trello Boards/Set up new account
- Passwords changed for gmail accounts, Yahoo, and any specific passwords relating to a position as official/role holder.
- Officers to change passwords and remove access if applicable.
- Start a new conversation thread for Board meetings on Skype.
- The Membership Register to be amended.
- Financial Director to inform bank and/or HMRC of change of authorised official/responsible person if appropriate.
- Ask Directors to read:
and email the Company Secretary to confirm that they are eligible.
- Give access to Confidential Details and ask Director/s to provide their details.
- Give access to Yahoo Board Group, Trello and Membership Register.
- Financial Director to inform bank and, If appropriate, inform HMRC of change of authorised official/responsible person.
- Ensure all named Director roles are appointed - Freegle Board#Roles
- Ensure someone is responsible for checking trademark applications.
- Ensure wiki page Freegle_Board and Who’s Who spreadsheet http://freegle.in/whoswho are updated.