Keep it Local
We ask that members use their home groups in the first instance to offer and request items.
Using one's home group has personal & collective, community & environmental benefits. It:
- Reduces the 'competition' for items
- Reduces 'no shows'
- Saves money - by reducing the amount of traveling that group members
need to do to give and receive items
- Reduces abuse of the system as the community is less anonymous -
members get to know each other better which leads to fewer 'bad behaviours'
- No transport? Local groups make Freegle more accessible to everyone
- No van/trailer? Bulky items may even be collectible on foot if they are only a few streets away
- Reduces the number of emails per group - lots of smaller groups means we have more choice in how many posts we receive and from where we receive them.
- Increases good neighbourliness
- Enhances the local community spirit
- Reduces the negative environmental impact - distance travelled is lessened, reducing the carbon foot print
Thank you to all those members who already choose their local Freegle group in the first instance - you are already operating within the true spirit of Freegle.
With many thanks and seasonal greetings to everyone from the [GROUP NAME] Team.