Thanks for agreeing to volunteer for Freegle. Freegle is run nationally and in local Communities entirely by volunteers. Here's what nationally we aim to do and locally how we can work to make Freegle good for us and members.
Freegle nationally is committed to:
- Providing the IT infrastructure to list and host local Communities
- Providing support for all aspects of running a Community by email, in national Communities and the wiki
- Representing Freegle nationally and promoting freegling to national bodies and agencies
- Running national social media and other publicity, and encouraging local freegling by provision of technical and promotional facilities
- Providing policies, guidance and insurance to help ensure the safe running of Communities
- Supporting all volunteers regardless of age, background or social profile
- Being open about how Freegle works and keeping everyone well informed
- Ensuring that Freegle is run collaboratively, with all volunteers able to take part in decision making
- Encouraging volunteers to join as an official Member of the Freegle Ltd Industrial and Provident Society
Local volunteers agree to run their Community by:
- Implementing Freegle rules and best practice
- Having current computer and internet access, understanding and skills
- Moderating their Community messages and memberships at least daily, with moderating coverage 7 days a week
- Helping members with problems and information in a consistently positive way
- Keeping in touch and communicating with Freegle nationally
and it would also be great if local teams:
- Know the area that is served by their Freegle Community and have an interest in local and national environmental causes.
- Publicise their Community to build membership, eg do social media, press releases, run stalls, run events.
- Work with local councils or other relevant local bodies, businesses, charities etc to increase freegling in the community.
- Keep in touch with neighbouring volunteer teams.
- Freegle Aims
- Best Practice
- Freegle Affiliation Policy
- Community Affiliation Requirements Policy
- National Volunteers Procedure
- Freegle Equality and Diversity Policy
- Safe Home Working
- Document Approval Policy
This document was discussed on Development Group and adopted by the Board, August 2016.