Freegle Board of Directors
In order of last name, the current people elected to the Freegle Board are:
(See Board Elections for links on the most recent election)
There are two current vacancies.
Directors are also Trustees of Freegle Ltd. http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/trustees-staff-and-volunteers/trustee-role/becoming-a-trustee/ explains what is involved in being a Trustee.
Board and Member activities are subject to the adopted Rules of Freegle.
The Board Role and Remit details the responsibilities of Directors.
The Board elects Directors to the following Director roles. The first Board had the following appointments. The Board elected aftert eh 2015 AGM has yet to announce their appointments.
- Board Chairman - Edward, email chair@ilovefreegle
- Company Secretary - Andy, email secretary@ilovefreegle]
- Finance Director - John, finance@ilovfreegle
- Chief Technology Officer - Edward
- Head of Media - Cat, media@ilovefreegle
- Head of Volunteers - Tina - volunteers@ilovefreegle
- Health and Safety Officer - Ollie
The Board appoints Board Observers to act as liaison between the various groups and teams that operate within Freegle. They follow Board Observer Guidelines.
The Board also appoints
- Board Secretary - this can be an external appointment to the Board.
- Treasurer - this role is currently being carried out by a Rep (Jane); it can be an external appointment to the Board.
From the Rules:
56. At the first annual general meeting all elected Directors shall stand down. At every subsequent annual general meeting one-third of the elected Directors, or if their number is not a multiple of three then the number nearest to one-third, shall retire from office. The Directors to retire shall be the Directors who have been longest in office since their last election. Where Directors have held office for the same amount of time the Directors to retire shall be decided by lot. A retiring Director shall be eligible for re- election.
A Director may leave midterm under the Directors Ending Term of Office Procedure.
The Board discussion group is at 
The Board aims to meet monthly, discussion via Skype messaging. The timetable for meetings is here:Board Meeting Timetable. The Minutes of the meetings can be found at category:Freegle Board Minutes The 'mechanics' of Board Meetings are detailed in Board Meeting Procedure.
Our Board can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com