Directors 2022 Election
The eighth AGM of Freegle Ltd will be held 28th August to 4th September 2022 inclusive on Freegle Central. As detailed in our Rules under Retirement Cycle, three elected Directors are obliged to stand down. We have had 8 elected Directors over this past term, plus one co-option. We therefore have 4 vacancies, as a co-option only lasts until the next AGM.
The current elected and other Directors can be found at Freegle Board.
Details for the Director Role can be found on the following pages
Any additional questions that arise about the Director Role can be addressed to the Returning Officers or offlist to a current or past Director. Contact Returning Officer or find the names of current Directors at Freegle Board.
Term of Office
The term of office for elected Directors is up to 3 years, but Directors are welcome to stand again immediately when that term finishes.
The Freegle 2022 Election timetable will be as follows:
28th July Director voting process starts - request for nominations.
7th August Last day for nominations. Statements of c.250 words requested.
12th August Last day for receiving Statements from Candidates.
12th August Q&A Starts
21st August Q&A Ends
24th August Director voting starts if number of candidates exceeds vacancies.
28th August Freegle Ltd 2022 AGM starts.
31st August Director voting ends if election has been held.
3rd September Current Directors stand down from office.
4th September New Directors announced
4th September AGM Ends
Note the following regarding this election timetable.
a. Voting validation should take no longer than 1 day. Results will be posted as soon as possible.
b. If there are less or equal number of candidates for vacancies, the Chair will declare them as 'elected unopposed' and they will take their posts as Directors without the need for a poll/election.
Nominations should be made as follows:
- Nominated candidates must be Members of Freegle Ltd (see Rules 53 and 54).
- Nominations may be made via Freegle Central or directly to the Returning Officer email address.
- Nominations may either be made by the candidate (self nominated) or another Freegle Member.
- Nominations should include the nominator's and nominee's full name and email address.
- If another individual is being nominated, any relevant internal or external group membership should be noted.
- Nominations should be seconded by another Member. This can occur on either Freegle Central or directly to the Returning Officer email address.
- All nominations will be confirmed by the Returning Officer to the candidate, seconder and to Freegle Central (regardless of where the nomination was made).