(This is a sample Admin message you can use to send to your group)
This general admin message is being sent to all [nnnn] members of [GROUP_NAME] Freegle.
Sending the same message to numerous groups at the same time is called cross-posting. Please only post your message to your local group initially. If you don’t receive a response after waiting 24-48 hours you can then post it to your neighbouring group. Wait again before posting to more groups.
Cross-posting is a problem for several other reasons:
- It drastically increases the number of emails per group
- Many more people have to compete for the same item
- The person cross-posting may have to deal with excess responses
- It can be the cause of no-shows when people realize how far they'll have to drive
On the other hand avoiding cross-posting helps to keep things local, creates more of a sense of community and means less fuel used and less pollution. People who are interested in receiving lots of posts can always join lots of groups
Your friendly [GROUP NAME] moderators.
We ask that members use their home groups in the first instance to offer and request items.
Using one's home group has personal & collective, community & environmental benefits. It:
- Reduces the 'competition' for items
- Reduces 'no shows'
- Saves money - by reducing the amount of travelling that group members need to do to give and receive items
- Reduces abuse of the system as the community is less anonymous - members get to know each other better which leads to fewer 'bad behaviours'
- No transport? Local groups make Freegle more accessible to everyone
- No van/trailer? Bulky items may even be collectible on foot if they are only a few streets away
- Reduces the number of emails per group - lots of smaller groups means we have more choice in how many posts we receive and from where we receive them.
- Increases good neighbourliness
- Enhances the local community spirit
- Reduces the negative environmental impact - distance travelled is lessened, reducing the carbon foot print
Thank you to all those members who already choose their local Freegle group in the first instance.
With many thanks to everyone from the [GROUP NAME] Team.
Back to Admins