The Remit was agreed by the Board at their August 2014 meeting
The Company Secretary is responsible for the efficient administration Freegle as a company, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
- 1. To maintain registers of members and directors, in accordance with Rules 95 - 97.
- 2. Submit an annual return as detailed in Rules 101-103 Notes on Submission of the AR30 Annual Return.
- 3. Keep up to date with legislation that might impact on the operation of Freegle Ltd as a company and inform the Board of any legal changes or new requirements.
- 4. Convene General Meetings, at the request of the Board of Directors, in line with requirements of Rules 22-49.
- 5. Appointment of Returning Officers and Ombudsman, in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- 6. Ensure New Director Procedure is carried out.
- 7. Ensure that an annual confirmation of affiliation process is carried out, via the Contacting Groups Procedure.