Freegle Volunteer Agreement
Thanks for agreeing to volunteer for Freegle. Freegle is run nationally and in local groups entirely by volunteers. Here's how we'll help you and what you can do for us.
Freegle nationally is committed to:
- Providing the IT infrastructure to list and host local groups
- Providing support for all aspects of running a group by email, in national groups and the wiki
- Representing Freegle nationally and promoting freegling to national bodies and agencies
- Running national social media and other publicity, and encouraging local freegling by provision of technical and promotional facilities
- Providing policies, guidance and insurance to help ensure the safe running of groups
- Supporting all volunteers regardless of age, background or social profile
- Being open about how Freegle works and keeping everyone well informed
- Ensuring that Freegle is run collaboratively, with all volunteers able to take part in decision making
- Encouraging volunteers to join as an official Member of the Freegle Ltd Industrial and Provident Society
Local volunteers agree to run their group by:
- Implementing Freegle rules and best practice
- Having current computer and internet access, understanding and skills
- Moderating their group messages and memberships at least daily, with moderating coverage 7 days a week
- Helping members with problems and information in a consistently positive way
- Keeping in touch and communicating with Freegle nationally
and it would also be great if local teams:
- Know the area that is served by their Freegle group and have an interest in local and national environmental causes.
- Publicise their group to build membership, eg do social media, press releases, run stalls, run events.
- Work with local councils or other relevant local bodies, businesses, charities etc to increase freegling in the community.
- Keep in touch with neighbouring volunteer teams.
- Freegle Aims
- Basic Requirements of a Freegle Group
- Best Practice
- Freegle Direct Information Policy
- Freegle Affiliation Policy
- Group Affiliation Requirements Policy
- National Volunteers Procedure
- Freegle Equality and Diversity Policy
- Document Approval Policy
This document was discussed on Development Group and adopted by the Board, August 2016.